At present nine leading scientists of the Department of Veterinary Medicine with corresponding national and international expertise (PI, Applicants for the the TZR to the German Science Council "Wissenschaftsrat") together with eight other scientists close to the TZR program and the Dean of the Department of Veterinary Medicine form the TZR steering group. From these, twelve members of the TZR executive board are elected with a coordinating TZR spokesman and a deputy.
Current members TZR executive board are:
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Zentek
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Hartmann
- Prof. Benedikt Kaufer, Ph.D.
- Prof. Dr. Marcus Fulde
- Prof. Dr. Barbara Kohn
- Prof. Dr. Kerstin E. Müller
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Bäumer
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Rösler (Dean)
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Alter
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Schwarz
- Prof. Dr. Georg von Samson-Himmelstjerna (TZR spokesperson)
- the animal welfare officer of the Department of Veterinary Medicine Prof. Dr. Christa Thöne-Reineke
- a representative of the Deanery of the Department of Veterinary Medicine of the Freie Universität Berlin
The TZR steering group is responsible for the development of the research concept and the utilization concept, including the allocation of space to working groups of the department and local, national and international cooperation partners (after evaluation regarding the compatibility with the TZR research program and cost sharing). The TZR executive board and the TZR spokesperson elected by the TZR steering group are responsible for administration and case-by-case decisions in the TZR as well as for contact with potential cooperation partners, third-party funding agencies and the scientific advisory board of the TZR.
A scientific advisory board formed by external experts, who are excellently qualified nationally and internationally for the issue of resistance issues, advises the TZR steering group and the TZR executive board in the further development of the research concept.
Current members TZR advisory board are:
- Prof. Dr. Lothar H. Wieler (chairman), Robert Koch-Institut, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Thomas Mettenleiter, Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Andreas Hensel, Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Petra Gastmeier, Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Séamus Fanning, PhD, UCD Centre for Food Safety, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Prof. Eileen Devaneyk, PhD, Institute of Biodiversity, Animal Health & Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Further information on the conception of the TZR, the cooperation possibilities with the working groups of the TZR as well as the later use of the infrastructural and technical resources of the TZR for external working groups can be obtained by:
- TZR spokesperson, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Georg von Samson-Himmelstjerna, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone.: +49 (0) 30 838 62311
- Dean of the Department of Veterinary Medicine, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uwe Rösler, Email: Uwe.Roesler@fu-berlin.de, phone: +49 30 8385 1830