Samples for cell sorting have to be prepared properly:
- cell suspensions have to be filtered before sorting (40µm cell strainers).
- The sample buffer has to be free of phenol red.
- Samples treated with prodium iodide or DAPI are not accepted for sorting.
- The operator has to be informed in case other potentially leaky dyes are present in the samples.
- Unstained negative controls and fluorescence minus one controls (FMOC, in case of extensive fluorochrome panels and dim signals of target cell markers) may be helpful for setting up the sorting strategy.
The FCF staff offers help in preparing sorting strategies and fluorochrome panels.