DahlemResearch School - Biomedical Sciences -
For an application to the Dahlem Research School Biomedical Sciences it is substantially to find a supervisor at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine or the Faculty for Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy of the Freie Universität Berlin. Please see: http://www.vetmed.fu-berlin.de/en/index.html or http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/einrichtungen/fachbereiche/fb/bio-chem-pharm/index.html. The Dahlem Research School Biomedical Sciences cannot assist to find one.
Please send your application:
The Representative of the DRS Biomedical Sciences,
c/o Angela Daberkow
- Business Economist, VWA -
Coordination and Secretary
Dahlem Research School Biomedical Sciences,
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Freie Univertität Berlin,
Oertzenweg 19b, house 4, II. OG right
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 – 838 63091 or 838 60234
Fax: +49 (0) 30 – 838 4 60234
E-Mail Angela.Daberkow(a)fu-berlin.de; drs-biomed(a)fu-berlin.de
Wednesday: 09.00 a.m. - 03.00 p.m.
Furthermore the following letters/certificates will be needed:
- an application letter
- a curriculum vitae
- copies and translations (in English) of 1) high school diploma, 2) university certificates, 3) exam (as
veterinarian) or the BSc- and the MSc-Degree
- the permission to do a graduation in Berlin by the graduation board of our Department of Veterinary Medicine or
the Department for Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy
(Graduation Office - veterinary faculty - Information: http://www.vetmed.fu-berlin.de/administration/verwaltung/promotionsbuero/informationen/zulassung/index.html)
(Graduation Office - faculty biology, chemistry and pharmacy - Information: http://www.bcp.fu-berlin.de/en/promotion/prohab/index.html)
- a TOEFEL-test or IELTS-Test (English, level B2 minimum)
- a letter to explain the motivation to do a PhD
- one side to explain the planned scientific project
- a letter from the supervisor that he/she will guarantee a working place for the student in his/her institute* - a letter from the supervisor that this project and stay will be financed* (or a copy of a scholarship certificate) - a letter of recommendation from the supervisor*
(* all three letters may put in one longer one).
You have to learn German in Berlin or send a certificate of German skills, level B2 with your application.